Name:
Location: Florida

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Cost of Prescriptions

Over the last 5 years we have spent probably well into the thousands for my sons supplies, Insulin, lancets, test strips and the list goes on. Why is it so expensive to be sick? What happens to the people that can't afford the supplies they need for daily living and have no means of help? Do they just get sick and die? I have thought about these things for a long time, just for test strips alone per month is 286.00 we have help, but I can't imagine what someone would do if they had no resources. I figured the monthly cost for Diabetic supplies for my son without coverage is 642.00. This is insane!!!! I have heard of people re-using their needles not changing their lancets and not testing regularly to keep cost of supplies down. I find this to be very sad. I wish there was something that could be done to change how the pharmaceutical companies charge for medicine.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kerri. said...

I just commented on this same blog posting, only on a different blog site. ... are you the same person who is writing: http://type1d.blog.com

If it is, hello yet again! I'm scouring the internet for blogs related to living with diabetes and came across yours. I'll be back to check out your new posts! Feel free to visit me over at "Six Until Me."

4:26 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Yes its me, I need to delete the other blog I had to many problems using Blog.com so I switched to Blogger its much easier to use. Thanks for your comment. If you would like to link to me please do I'm going over to check out your blog now.

As far a re-using supplies yes sometimes you have to do what's necessary for your health because the drug companies have this stuff so over priced that the average working family cannot afford to buy what they need without insurance, its disgusting.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Hi,

7.9% of the United States population is suffering from a form of Diabetes. That is over 23 million people! Now, more than ever, it is important for organizations such as yourself. We here, at Disease.com (a site dedicated towards disease and their treatments), believe in the work you do and would like to coincide for the fight against diabetes. If you could, please list us as a resource or host our social book mark button, it would be much appreciated. Separately, we can make advancements, but together we can find a cure.
If you need more information please email me back with the subject line as your URL.

Thank You,
Sharon Vegoe
Disease.com

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home